This is the second best baked cannabis meatballs with spaghetti this side the Mississippi! It wouldn’t even be second without the addition of the cannabinoids. 🙂
Jokes aside, this is a super simple and quick dinner recipe that leaves leftovers and no hangovers. Unless you pair it with one too many red vino’s.
Substations are endless with this recipe. Don’t want beef? Add turkey. Don’t want gluten? Use gluten free crumbs. Not in the mood to make the pasta sauce? Go ahead and just use a jar.
We like to bake our meatballs just out of laziness. I hate cleaning up the stove top after trying to fry them up in a pan. You may not get some of the caramelized goodness, but no reason that should stop us.
We’ll often make the meatballs ahead of time. We like to have some in the freezer for those extra lazy nights – or during a pandemic like now when we are locked in quarantine.
So, adding to spaghetti is just one of the ways we use these versatile balls of cannabis meat.
Side note – I learned I’ve been spelling spaghetti wrong my entire life. Tricky ‘a’ I tells ya.
How to store homemade meatballs? You can store meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. They will last in the freezer for around 2-4 months – cooked or uncooked.
We like to make sure they are separated in a zip lock bag and lay flat in the freezer. Once frozen, you can put them anywhere in the freezer. We just like to make sure it’s easy to grab individual meat balls.
What are the best meats to use for meatballs? For the most tender and flavorful meatballs you’ll want to stick with fattier meats. The most popular meat choice is Ground Beef (80/20 or 70/30) you can also use ground pork or veal.
Ground Turkey and chicken are options as well, but they don’t have as much fat as the beef which leads to a drier meatball. Also, you can combine your meats such as ½ ground beef and ½ pork.
How many meatballs should I make per person? It completely depends on the size of the baked meatballs and strength of your cannabis infusion. We like to go low and slow – and over eat. So, we try to go with lower amount of infusion so we can safely eat 3-5 meatballs with our Spaghetti.
Don’t want to end up couch locked all night. Or do we?
Second Best Tasting Baked Cannabis Meatballs with Spaghetti
- Large rimmed baking sheet
- Aluminum Foil (so we don't have to clean the cookie sheet if we are lucky)
Cannabis Infused Meatballs
- 1 lb – Lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup – Dried breadcrumbs Gluten free if preferred
- 2-3 tbsp – Cannabis infused oil Cannaoil or cannacoconut oil
- 1/4 cup – Milk Non-dairy if preferred
- 1/4 cup – Parmesan cheese Finely grated
- 2 – Garlic cloves minced Or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 – Finely chopped onion Or 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp – Dried parsley flakes Or 1 tsp finely chopped fresh Presley
- 1 tsp – Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp – Black pepper
- 1 pound – Spaghetti
- 1 pinch – Salt for boiling water
- 2 tbsps – Extra-virgin olive oil for pan
- 1/2 tsp – Crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 – Garlic cloves minced 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 – Onion minced 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 cup – Beef stock
- 1 – (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp – Parsley Fresh or dried
Cannabis Infused Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray on aluminum foil.
- Mix together meat, onion, bread crumbs, garlic, cannabis oil, egg, Parmesan, salt, pepper and parsley in a large bowl.
- Scoop (or grab) and make 1 inch meatballs. Do not overwork. Place on prepared sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until meatballs are browned and cooked through.
- Place a large pot of water on to boil for spaghetti. When it boils, add salt and pasta and cook to al dente.
- Heat a deep skillet or medium pot over moderate heat while the noodles and meatballs cook. Add oil, crushed pepper, garlic and finely chopped onion. (if using dry herbs, wait until next step to add)
- Saute 5 to 7 minutes, until onion bits are soft. Add beef stock, crushed tomatoes, and herbs. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Toss hot, drained pasta with the sauce and add grated cheese.
- Add meatballs in sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes and then enjoy!
Disclaimer: this information is not medical advice and is purely for entertainment and education purposes. In no way do we condone the use of cannabis or it’s bi-products without the consent of your medical professional as well as abiding by your state and country laws.