The longest 420 in the history of 420 is in 2020. That’s not a confusing sentence at all. Here we are, just a few months after making 2020 new years resolutions. We are stuck in quarantine. What better way to prepare for 420 than with the simplest and best cannabis grilled cheese sandwich recipe.
Hopefully everyone has some cheese and bread around.
It’s hard to keep the pantry and fridge stacked, we know. But we have an inkling you still have some cheese and bread in the fridge. If not, time for another Amazon Fresh order. Just keep hitting refresh on the “select delivery” page. It’s like a slot machine, you’ll get it sooner or later.
You’ll need a some cannabis butter for this recipe. We’ve used cannabis coconut oil and cannabis butter and both work just fine. Check out our basics of infused cannabis recipes if you don’t have some in the pantry.
A word of caution, since we incorporate the cannabutter in this recipe with the regular butter and cook it on the outside, there is a chance of burning off some of the cannabinoid. So, keep an eye on the temperature.
We like to use cast iron when we go this route as we feel we get a little more control over the heat. Won’t burn too quickly if you decide you need to get it a little warmer. Nonstick pan is fine as well.
Feel free to pair this with your favorite soup. We always prefer tomato soup, and we think adding in a little cannabis tomato soup to the mix adds to the fun. Just, remember to go slow and low with dosage. Everyone has a different tolerance and enjoyment.
The Best Cannabis Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Cannabutter
- 1 tbsp – Unsalted butter
- 1 tsp – Cannabis weed butter Depends on your preference and strength of butter
- 1 tsp – Dijon mustard
- 4 slices – Bread
- 4 slices – Cheddar cheese
- 2 slices – Gruyere or other cheese (optional) Only if you are feeling frisky
- 1 tbsp – Olive oil
- In a bowl, combine the regular butter, cannabis butter and Dijon
- Spread mixture on 1 side of each slice of bread
- Place the slices of cheese on the non-buttered side of bread
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet
- Cook on both sides until bread is golden bread and cheese is melted through. About 4 minutes a side
- Cut in half and serve warm
Disclaimer: this information is not medical advice and is purely for entertainment and education purposes. In no way do we condone the use of cannabis or it’s bi-products without the consent of your medical professional as well as abiding by your state and country laws.