Hey, hey, hey! What’s the good word, my hippy friends?
Ever looked at a gummy bear and thought, “Man, I wish you could get me high!” Well, your wish is my command. Gummies, man! They’re not just for kids anymore; these chewy little dudes are your golden ticket to a chill, enjoyable experience with Mary Jane.
But wait, there’s more! 💸💸
Making these gummies is so easy it’s like, well, making candy. Seriously, a few ingredients, a little stirring, and bam—you’re a veritable Willy Wonka of weed. And let’s not ignore the dollar signs; making your own gummies can save you some serious green (pun absolutely intended).
Plus, you’ll get this warm, fuzzy feeling of accomplishment. You made this! And guess what? It makes for some prime conversation when you’re chilling with your buddies.
“Oh, these gummies? Yeah, I made ’em.” Trust me, you’re gonna feel like a rock star.
Why Make Weed Gummies?
Before we dive into the ooey-gooey details, let’s rap about why you’d even wanna make weed gummies.
- Discreet Consumption: Imagine being able to carry your cannabis in your pocket and no one’s the wiser. That’s what I call freedom, baby!
- Precise Dosage: Forget the rolling paper and the lighters; this is science. Make each gummy a perfect little dose of heaven.
- Long-Lasting Effects: With edibles like gummies, you’re in for a longer, steadier ride. No rollercoasters here, just good vibes.
- Variety of Flavors: From Berry Bliss to Tropical Vibes, the world—or at least the candy aisle—is your oyster.
- Ease of Consumption: Just chew, man. Could it be any easier?
Prep Work: The Steps Before the Stirring
Hey, man, before we jump into the fun part, there’s a bit of groundwork we’ve got to cover. The prep work, as I like to call it, is super essential to making these little gummy gems just right. This is where you set the stage, man!
Decarbing the Cannabis
First thing’s first: decarboxylation. That’s a big word, I know, but it’s just the process of heating your cannabis to activate the THC. And yes, you gotta do it even if you’re using a tincture. If you’re scratching your head, don’t worry—we’ve got a detailed guide on how to decarb your cannabis the right way.
Making a Tincture
Alright, next up is making your cannabis tincture. This is the essence, the very soul of your weed gummies. There are tons of methods out there, from the quick-and-dirty to the slow-and-sure. Choose your adventure, my friend. And if you’re not sure where to start, check out our blog on how to make a kickass cannabis tincture.
Now that you’re armed with knowledge and your prep work is complete, we can dive into the gummy-making action!
Things You’ll Need
For this culinary cannabis adventure, you’ll need:
- Cannabis Tincture
- Gelatin (or agar-agar for the plant-based peeps)
- Juice or flavored water
- Sweetener like honey or agave
- Silicone molds
Weed Gummies Made with Tincture
- 1 Measuring cup
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Funnel
- 1 Food grade condiment bottle
- 1 Food grade silicone gummy mold We like marijuana leaf molds so we know when they have the goods
- 1 oz Tincture of your favorite cannabinoid (CBD, THC..)
- 1/2 cup Coconut water The ones with a pink hue are always the best
- 3/4 cup Tart cherry juice
- 3 tbsp Honey or agave or any sweetener
- 1 1/2 tbsp Gelatin or agar-agar for the plant-based friend
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan pink salt purely because we are fancy people
- Combine your juice, coconut water, honey, and salt in a saucepan, low heat, stirring constantly.
- Add gelatin or agar-agar powder and whisk constantly for ~3 minutes.
- Add your desired cannabis tincture into the mix and turn off heat.
- Whisk thoroughly until fully incorporated.
- Transfer gummy mix to a the condiment bottle with a funnel.
- Using a towel or glove (will be
scoldinghot) squeeze that liquid goodness into your mold.
- Move to fridge for 15-25 minutes or until firm.
- Enjoy and place left over in air tight jar.
Making Cannabis Gummies Your Own
- Preferred Potency: Start low and slow, dudes. You can always take more, but you can’t un-take, ya know?
- Your Flavor, Your Rules: Minty fresh or citrus zing? This is your show, my friend.
- Healthy Choices: Hey, some of us want our munchies to be guilt-free. Go sugar-free, or even add some vitamins if you’re feeling all adult-y.
Getting Into the Science: Potency and Dosage
- Potency: Your tincture’s strength will dictate how intense your gummies will be. Make sure you know your starting point.
- Dosage Suggestions: Let’s not go zero to sixty in 3.5. Start with a small dose and build up as you get comfy.
- Low and Slow Method: The name of the game here is patience. We’re crafting experiences, not just snacks.
How to Store Your Weed Gummies
- Storage Tips: A cool, dark place is your best bet for longevity. Think medicine cabinet, not cookie jar.
- How Long They Last: Properly stored, these little delights can last up to 2-3 weeks.
- When to Say Goodbye: If they look funky or smell weird, just let ’em go. Bad vibes only bring you down.
Remember, pals, weed is still weed, even when it’s in a gummy bear’s cute little belly. Be smart, be respectful, and as always, stay groovy.
Got a killer weed gummy recipe or some mind-blowing flavor combos? Don’t bogart that knowledge; share it with the tribe!