We love simple recipes made with limited quality ingredients. This cannabis hot chocolate is one of our favorites. Our smooth chocolaty, mellow cannabis drink.
Hot chocolate in April you ask? Well, it’s unprecedented Covid-19 Coronavirus times. We are making the happiest drink we could think of to take our minds off the history we are living through.
Hot chocolate reminds us of the simpler days. Days when waking up early was our biggest challenge. For some, avoiding too much sugar.
No way better to mix child dreams with adult intoxicants. Our cannabis infused hot chocolate is simple and made from scratch.
We care about our bodies and our minds. We like to make our own cannabis infusions, our own dairy free milk and build recipes from scratch.
How to Make Infused Hot Chocolate from Scratch
We prefer to use chopped chocolate bars for our recipes. You can also substitute the chocolate bar for cocoa powder. You loose out a bit on the smoothness from the cocoa butter.
Side note – since we are quarantined inside, we couldn’t find a regular bittersweet chocolate. So we used regular Hershey Kisses! And we loved it!
Almond milk or cashew milk is our go-to non-dairy base when we enjoy our hot chocolate. Best to make this from scratch, it’s pretty damn easy. For another post perhaps.
Use a double boiler to heat up your choice of milk. Toss in the chopped chocolate (or cocoa powder) and whisk until completely blended.
To quickly melt the chocolate, to the microwave we go! Feel free to pop it in a microwave safe bowl with 30 second intervals until creamy.
How do We Add the Cannabis?
Some recipes call for the addition of sugar to sweeten your drink, but we prefer to add in our infused cannabis maple syrup. You can follow our infused cannabis honey recipe and replace the honey with maple syrup. Works well for us.
Secondly, you can also use any chocolate infused with cannabis – homemade or distributor purchased. You can chop up your desired amount and add it in with the regular chocolate.
Everyone has a different tolerance and dosage level. We always suggest to go slow and enjoy.
Let us know what you think!
The Best Dairy Free Cannabis Infused Hot Chocolate from Scratch
- 2 Cups – Your favorite non-dairy milk.
- 4 Oz – Bittersweet chocolate or 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Squeeze – Homemade infused maple syrup Can also use a tincture or infused honey
- 1 Dusting – Cinnamon powder Optional
- 5 – Marshmallows Optional
- 1 Splash – Vanilla Extract
- Combine infused sweetener and milk in a small saucepan and place on the stove top over medium heat.
- While the milk is heating place the chopped chocolate in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds intervals. Continue to heat and stir the chocolate in 30 second intervals until just melted.
- When the milk begins to reach a scalding point (180 degrees F, often has bubbles on the side), turn off the heat and add the melted chocolate, whisking to combine.
- Add the vanilla extract now, if desired. Top with whipped cream, marshmallow or cinnamon if using, and enjoy!
Disclaimer: this information is not medical advice and is purely for entertainment and education purposes. In no way do we condone the use of cannabis or it’s bi-products without the consent of your medical professional as well as abiding by your state and country laws.